- Travel by Train in Thailand
- Travelling by train is very inexpensive in Thailand. However, you should only take the train if you have plenty of time. Or if you want to experience the Thai culture up close, as swarms of vendors board the train at the stations to hawk food, candy, newspapers and drinks for the travellers.
- Maeklong Market
- Maeklong Market is arguably the weirdest market in the world. The market is located not by the tracks but on the tracks. When a train arrives, the sellers clear the tracks. Read about the market and how to get there.
- Venice of the East
Bangkok is also known as Venice of the East because a river and numerous canals flow through the city. You can use the river and the canals for quick transport, avoiding the many traffic jams on the roads, and they are great for sightseeing as well.
- The Metro and the Skytrain in Bangkok
- Bangkok is notorious for its endless traffic jams; however, you do not need to spend time in a taxi that moves with a snail's pace, you can take the Skytrain that hovers above the traffic jams or the Metro that effortless strides ahead underground. Read about the Skytrain and the Metro in Bangkok.